Monday, May 12, 2014

And the Nominations Are...OR...I Think God Just Bitch-Slapped Me

So, after a long hiatus, I’m starting to ease back into this whole blogging thing.  I have to make it a part of my schedule again, not easy when there’s so much to be done.  I didn’t count on a health issue getting in the way, but it did, just last week, right as I jumped back into the IWSG.  But at least I have answers to long-nagging questions, and, with proper treatment, I hope to be on the mend soon and back to making the rounds, getting reacquainted with everyone.

In addition to the bad news last week, I did get some good.  My first novel, The Mistaken, was just nominated for 4 eFestival of Words 2014 Best of the Independent eBook Awards—Best Thriller, Best Hero, Best Audiobook, and The Harvey Award.  Cassie Mae told me that last one was for the book voters most want to see made into a movie, which she would know about since her book, Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend, was also nominated in that category, as well as Best YA.  But she’s not the only one of my bloggy friends whose books were nominated. 

Alex J. Cavanaugh’s CassaStorm was nominated for best Sci-fi, Lisa Regan’s Aberration for Best Novel, Thriller, Villain, and the “I’ve Been Shamyland” Award, Carrie Butler’s Strength  for Best NA and her Mark of Nexus Series for Best Series, Michael Infinito’s 12:19 for Best Horror and In Blog We Trust for the “I’ve Been Shamyland” Award,  Michelle Brownlow’s In Too Deep for Best NA and Best Villain, and Dana Mason’s Dangerous Embrace for Best Romance and Best Mystery/Suspense. 

A few of my Facebook friends were nominated, too, like Kristine Cayne, Julie Richman, Julie Hartnett, and MK Harkins. Even one of the books I edited last year got nominated for best editing, AL Jackson’s If Forever Comes, though my name was mysteriously left off that list. 

All in all, it made my spirits rise a bit while I battle this “profound anemia” I was diagnosed with.  I feel confident that, with successful treatment, I will be back to my old self and bugging all of you once again.


And if you have the chance, I'd LOVE to know what you think of my newly released novel, Leverage, a dark romantic thriller with twists and turns galore! 







9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on four nominations!!
Sorry you got bad health news.
And CassaStorm was nominated? I had no idea!!!

JeffO said...

Congrats on the nominations, Nancy, I'm sure more will be forthcoming!

Best of luck with the health issues, too. I hope you feel better.

Robin said...

As someone with chronic migraines and various auto-immune issues, one of the BIGGEST discoveries I have made is that eating well will help ANY health problem. And not eating well will make it worse. That means quit eating processed food and eat more greens. We can all always eat more greens. That isn't to say it will "fix" it... but it always helps the body do what it can. I am continually surprised by how much worse I feel when I forget this and eat junk. I hope that you get a handle on your issue soon and feel better.

Also... congrats on the nominations. That is fantastic!!!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on the nominations. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Cfongrats! I just bought both of your books for my kindle!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I hope you feel better soon. How great is that to be nominated? I'm so happy for you!

LD Masterson said...

That's great news about the nominations. Congrats. And I hope you're feeling better soon.

Gina Gao said...

Congrats on the nominations! Sorry to hear about the health issues though.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Better repent, dear; Jesus wont take too kindly to you at the General Judgement for saying THAT. Of course, if you're a leftist, you dont think too much about God... yet, 1-outta-1 croaks, girl, so you better think on that subject matter. No, I do not care if you "like" me - I gotta a whole lotta beings who like me in the astronomical, starry sky, maam. Lemme fill-you-in withe subliminal epiphany, the avant-gardeness and wisdom necessary to achieve Seventh-Heaven, dear...

If 'freedom lies in being bold' (Robert Frost), doesn't pushing-the-envelope also result in the Elysian Fields of Utopia? If I'm the sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we RITE the symphonies heard Upstairs ☆IF☆ we accept His lead withe orchestra...

Wanna find-out the fax, Jak, in a wurld fulla the 'power of cowards'? Wanna wiseabove to help a 'Plethora Of Wurdz' [POW!] which are look'n for a new home in thy novelty?? Yay!

Q: But [gulp] can anyone tell me the difference between K2/IQ? A: Nthn. In Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HA! Need a few more thots, ideers, wild wurdz (whoa, Nelly! easy, girl!) or ironclad iconoclasms?

VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to [the] wise): As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go thro in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the ping-pong-politixx, the whorizontal more!ass! we're in and wiseabove to 'in fine sine fine' (Latin: in [the] End without End -Saint Augustine).

"This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET!! any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, low-hanging-fruit of the Celestial Paradise, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (awww! baby kitties, too!!) when my o-so-beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires...

"Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3, NJB

Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go gitt'm, girly. You're incredible. You're indelible. Cya Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
infowars.com
-YOUTHwitheTRUTH:
Revelation 14:13
-------------------------------
PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names?? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redd Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, blessed b9... (or mixNmatch)

God blessa youse
(trustNjesus)
-Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL